java script is required for this page
Services for Indians   Passport Services  

Emergency Certificate (EC)

An EC is a one-way travel document valid only for the return trip back to India and is issued after the High Commission is satisfied on the bona-fides of the applicant. Upon return to India, the applicant may approach the passport office which had issued the original passport for issuing a duplicate passport on production of the EC. Tourists who have lost/damaged their passport would be considered for an Emergency Certificate (EC).



Documents required: 

  • Copy of the police report (FIR) intimating loss along with copy of the lost passport
  • In case of tourist, copy of their Hotel bookings/accommodation.
  • Individual’s letter explaining the circumstances that led to the requirement of Emergency Certificate.
  • For work permit card holders, Employer certificate (latest in English) mentioning the passport No and present residential address.
  • 3 photographs (Click here PDF file that opens in new window. To know how to open PDF file refer Help section located at bottom of the site.)



Emergency Certificate : MVR 270/-

Processing Time           : One day

Youtube Facebook Twitter MEA App