Home > Services for Indians
> Birth Certificate
Registration of Birth
The High Commission registers the birth of the children born in Maldives of Indian parents. This is to be registered within one year of the birth.
- Register the birth online at MHA website https://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/ and take printout.
- Application form to be submitted at the High Commission can be downloaded from our website (Click here to download)
- Please submit the completely filled form along with the following documents:
- Copy of printout obtained on registering birth at MHA site
- Passport of parents in original along with photocopy of the first and last page.
- Work permit card of parents in original along with a photocopy.
- Parents are also required to submit a declaration that the child does not hold passport of any other country.
- Photo copy of Birth Certificate issued from Hospital and from local authorities.
Fees : MVR 345/-
Processing time : Three working days