"Renunciation of Indian citizenship and surrender of Indian passport"
High Commission of India issues surrender Certificate to those who apply for renunciation of Indian citizenship and surrender of Indian Passport on acquiring citizenship of other country.
Refer link – https://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in
1. Click /select option “Declaration of Renunciation of Citizenship under Section 8 of the Act Made by a Citizen of India”
2. Read through the section “How to Apply” and follow the steps to fill the ONLINE application.
3. Upload relevent documents (Such as present and previous passports including expired ones, Passport of new nationality, address proof and other documents).
4. Submit the application online and take copy of the application after its online submission ( a ref No will be allotted ONLINE).
5. Visit the Embassy with all the original documents and above downloaded ONLINE Form (as per steps 1-4), along with another Indian citizen (with original and copy of passport) who can vouch for the correctness of the statement the applicant made in his declaration of renunciation.
6. Fees :
i) For those who obtained foreign citizenship on or after 1st June 2010:
MVR - 1515/-
ii) For those who obtained foreign citizenship before 1st June 2010:
MVR - 1905/-